How to Find Your Lost Windows 7 Product Key Easily
If lost your windows 7 product key and you’re preparing to reinstall windows 7 into your PC you will need your unique Windows 7 installation Product Key, this key also called the Windows 7 serial key, activation key, or CD key.
Normally windows 7 product key is available on a sticker on your PC or with the manual or on the windows 7-disc cover that came with Windows 7. However, if you don’t have a physical copy of your product key, that doesn’t mean it’s gone forever.
Luckily, a copy of your Windows 7 Product key is stored in the registry. It’s encrypted, it’s not easily accessible or readable, but with on internet available some free programs that can help to fix that problem in less than 10-20 minutes.
To Find Your Windows 7 Product Key Follow Bellow Steps:
How to Find Your Windows 7 Product Key
- You cannot manually locate the Windows 7 product key from the registry, it is impossible due to encryption.
- Find a free windows product key finder program that supports Windows 7.
- Download and run this program and follow instructions to find product key.
- The product key should be formatted in numbers and letters.
- Write down this code and use it at the time to windows reinstallation.
Note: If even one character is written down incorrectly, the installation of Windows 7 that you attempt with this product key will fail. Be sure to transcribe the key exactly!